But I really don't care to give him any more attention than I have to, so instead I'm going to write about something a lot more fun. One of my favorite parts of watching Who Wants to Be a Millionaire is hearing the often-hilarious "D" answers to early-level questions in the game. Here is a list of ten such questions with their humorous wrong answers. (Real answers, just in case you need them, are provided in parentheses afterward.)
- An egg hunt is an activity that usually takes place on what holiday?
D. Salmonella Awareness Day (Real Answer: Easter)
- A student who is described as a "Clock Watcher" is usually eagerly waiting for what?
D. An all-new "60 Minutes" (Real Answer: The end of class)
- A common piece of advice warns you to "be careful what you wish for because" what?
D. Dude, she's your cousin (Real Answer: You might get it)
- A school district is typically run by an administrator with what title?
D. Joe Mama (Real Answer: Principal)
- According to a popular religious saying, "The Lord giveth, and the Lord" what?
D. Maketh up verbs (Real Answer: Taketh away)
- On a traditional clock face, when both the hour and minute hands both point straight up, what time is it?
D. Hammer time (Real Answer: 12 o'clock)
- According to traditional etiquette, a woman should respond to a man's bow with what polite gesture?
D. Fist pump (Real Answer: Curtsy)
- By definition, which of these terms refers to a person with whom someone once had a passionate relationship?
D. Old Navy stockboy (Real Answer: Old Flame)
- Which of these organizations is considered one of our country's "armed forces"?
D. U.S. Kmart shoppers (Real Answer: U.S. Marines)
- According to Emily Post, children should not leave the dinner table until asking "May I please be" what?
D. Legally emancipated (Real Answer: Excused)